The Tacoma Waterfront Association seeks the services of a new, part-time, Administrative Director. The TWA Administrative Director Search Committee is conducting a search for candidates to take over the responsibilities of our current Administrative Director, Jayna Marshall. As a first step in our search process, we would like to reach out to the TWA membership to identify possible candidates.
The Administrative Director position is offered as a part-time, independent contractor relationship with the non-profit TWA organization, and involves a wide range of duties including, but not limited to:
- Coordinate & manage Board Meetings and General Membership Meetings;
- Manage the TWA budget, with authority to pay bills, and coordinate financial activities with the Treasurer and Board;
- Support the Board in developing an Annual Budget and Board Work Plan;
- Manage TWA communications, including public relations, press releases, web site, semi-monthly newsletter, and other outreach activities;
- Assist in membership recruitment, grant writing, and fundraising efforts;
- Coordinate the annual fundraiser and other TWA events;
- Provide Board communications, coordinate committee assignments & responsibilities and monitor progress; and
- Provide a community “face” for our organization.
The Tacoma Waterfront Association Administrative Director Search Committee believes that a successful candidate for this position will likely be an individual that has familiarity with the local waterfront community and connections to the people, businesses and institutions that make up our great waterfront. The unique person we seek must have a broad range of administrative and communication skills, as well as an understanding of the workings of non-profit organizations.
If you, or someone you know, might be interested in taking on this challenge, then we are interested in speaking with you! Please submit a brief letter of interest and personal resume to the following email address:
(Note: Please put “TWA Administrative Director” in the subject line of your email.)
We believe the ideal candidate may be among us. Please spread the word about this opportunity and help the TWA find the ‘perfect fit’!